We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Legal Assistant to join our law firm specializing in personal injury cases. As a Personal Injury Legal Assistant, you will provide vital support to our legal team by managing correspondence, maintaining deadlines, communicating with clients, ordering medical records, and drafting legal documents. Your organizational and communication skills will be crucial in ensuring the smooth flow of operations and the efficient handling of personal injury cases.
To apply email Eddie Harrington at To apply email Eddie Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Correspondence Management: Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence related to personal injury cases, including emails, letters, and faxes. Maintain organized filing systems for easy retrieval of case-related documents.
2. Deadline Management: Monitor and maintain case deadlines, including court filing deadlines, the statute of limitations, discovery deadlines, and other important milestones. Collaborate with attorneys and paralegals to ensure timely completion of tasks.
3. Client Communication: Act as a primary point of contact for clients and provide regular updates on case progress. Answer inquiries, schedule appointments, and relay messages between clients and attorneys. Maintain a professional and empathetic demeanor when dealing with clients.
4. Medical Records Management: Initiate and oversee the process of ordering medical records and other relevant documents for personal injury cases. Maintain an organized system to manage and update medical records, ensuring their accessibility to the legal team.
5. Legal Document Preparation: Draft, edit, and proofread legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, settlement agreements, and correspondence. Ensure accuracy and adherence to formatting guidelines.
6. Case File Management: Organize and maintain case files, ensuring all relevant documents, pleadings, and evidence are properly cataloged and easily retrievable. Follow established protocols for document retention and disposal.
7. Court Filings and E-Filings: Prepare and file legal documents with courts and government agencies in compliance with procedural rules and deadlines. Familiarity with e-filing systems is essential.
8. Calendar Management: Maintain attorneys’ calendars, scheduling appointments, court appearances, depositions, and client meetings. Coordinate with internal staff, opposing counsel, and court personnel to arrange dates and times.
9. Research Assistance: Conduct legal research using online databases and other resources to gather relevant case law, statutes, regulations, and legal precedents as needed. Summarize and present findings to attorneys.
10. Administrative Support: Provide general administrative assistance, including managing attorney expenses, processing invoices, coordinating travel arrangements, and assisting with other day-to-day tasks as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent; additional legal secretary or paralegal certification is a plus.
• Preferred experience working as a legal assistant, preferably in a personal injury law firm or related field, but not required.
• Solid knowledge of personal injury law and legal terminology is preferred but not required.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and legal research databases.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Professional demeanor with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Familiarity with court filing procedures and e-filing systems, preferred but not required.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Friendly and approachable demeanor, promoting a positive and welcoming work atmosphere.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle challenging situations with professionalism and empathy.
• Willingness to contribute to a workplace that values teamwork and treats colleagues like family.
Note: This job description is a general overview and may be subject to modifications and adjustments based on specific requirements and the needs of the law firm. We take pride in maintaining a very friendly work environment and fostering a supportive team culture, treating each other like family.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE