Sabine Parish Sheriff Aaron Mitchell announces the arrest of Larry Maurice Malmay (age-46) of Zwolle on Dec. 28.
A Louisiana Probation and Parole Agent went to Malmay’s residence on Fuller Lane to perform a compliance check. Malmay was under state probation for a prior drug conviction.
While talking with Malmay at the door of his house, the Agent detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside his residence. Malmay then admitted to the Agent there was a shotgun under his mattress. The Agent attempted to handcuff Malmay, but he pulled away and ran from the residence into the woods.
Sabine Parish Sheriff Tactical Narcotics Team Agents, Patrol Deputies, and K-9 were dispatched to the scene to search for Malmay.
Sheriff K-9 “Kay”, with handler Sgt Nick Sandel, located Malmay in the woods near the residence a short time later.
Malmay had approximately $4680 cash in his pockets when he was arrested.
Inside Malmay’s residence, a .410 shotgun, loaded 9mm pistol, suspected marijuana and methamphetamine; Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Diazepam, Hydrocodone, and Amphetamine pills; clear baggies and measuring scale were located and seized.
Malmay was booked into the Sabine Parish Detention Center for
• 2-counts Possession of firearm by persons convicted of certain felonies,
• 2-counts Illegal carrying of weapons (while in possession of CDS),
• Possession with intent to distribute schedule I (Marijuana),
• Possession with intent to distribute schedule II (Meth),
• Possession with intent to distribute schedule IV (Alprazolam),
• Possession with intent to distribute schedule IV (Diazepam),
• Possession of schedule II (D Amphetamine),
• Possession of schedule II (Oxycodone),
• Possession of schedule II (Hydrocodone),
• Possession of drug paraphernalia,
• Second or subsequent offenses.
Bond has not been set at this time by the 11th Judicial District Court.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE