Sheriff Aaron Mitchell announces the arrests of Scott William Wood (age-41) of Noble and Joey Michael Comoza (age-45) of Logansport on Dec. 26.
Deputy Jacob Bridges was in the area of Saline Church Road looking for a wanted subject. Deputy Bridges observed a vehicle behind him stop and a subject, later identified as Joseph Chad Castillo (age-34) of Converse, run from the vehicle. The vehicle attempted to flee the area, but Deputy Bridges was able to stop the SUV on Saline Church Road.
Deputy Bridges discovered Comoza was the driver of the vehicle and Wood was a passenger.
After a short investigation, Deputy Bridges located a small amount of suspected marijuana, over 4 ounces of suspected methamphetamine, and three firearms inside the vehicle.
Wood was booked into the Sabine Parish Detention Center for:
• Possession with intent to distribute schedule II (Meth),
• Possession of firearm in presence of CDS,
• Possession of firearm by person convicted of certain felonies.
Wood’s bond was set at $60,000 by the 11th Judicial District Court, he remains in jail.
Comoza was booked for
• Possession of schedule I (Marijuana),
• Reckless operation of a vehicle,
• No driver’s license.
Comoza’s bond was preset at $737, and he bonded.
An arrest warrant was obtained for Castillo for
• Possession of firearm by person convicted of certain felonies,
• Possession of firearm with obliterated numbers.
A $500 cash reward has been offered for information that leads to the arrest of Castillo.
Sheriff Mitchell and Chief Deputy Brad Walker commend Deputy Bridges and the Patrol Division for their efforts in getting these illegal narcotics and firearms off the streets in Sabine Parish.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE