The Natchitoches Police Department is currently hiring new officers to provide a safe community for our citizens, businesses and visitors.
Requirements for employment
• Must meet all requirements of the Municipal Fire and Police Civil Service Law, including being a citizen of the United States, and of legal age.
• Must not be less than eighteen (18) years of age.
• Applicant must possess one of the following: high school diploma, high school equivalency certificate, high school transcript, affidavit from the issuing high school, associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or college transcript, any one of which must indicate that graduation has occurred, or a degree awarded. Any Louisiana applicant who presents a home study diploma shall submit necessary documentation indicating Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) approval of the home study curriculum. Non-Louisiana applicants shall be required to present proof of completion of a high school curriculum which has been accredited by the applicant’s state, or its state-approved agency. A certification of completion shall not be sufficient to substitute for a diploma or equivalency certificate.
• After offer of employment, but before beginning work in this class, must pass a physical examination, the selection and administration of which shall be authorized by the Appointing Authority, designed to demonstrate good health and physical fitness sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position, with or without accommodation.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in becoming a police officer for the City of Natchitoches please contact Lt. Jessica Williams at (318) 357-3809 or if you would like to report suspicious activity please contact the Natchitoches Police Department at (318) 352-8101. Remember all information given shall remain confidential.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE