Sabine Parish students show improvement on state test

According to the LDE, mastery rates for students in grades 3-8 improved three points in both math and ELA. In total, 80 percent of Louisiana school systems improved their mastery rate when compared to the 2020-2021 data.

Like many of the school districts across Louisiana, Sabine showed improvement. Overall the district showed a 1 percent growth in student proficiency data for the 2021-2022 school year. Sabine Parish students in grades 3-12 increased their overall Mastery and Advanced scores in English Language Arts by 2 percent while Math had the biggest overall increase in Mastery and Advanced scores of 3 percent.

“The 2021-2022 school year presented many challenges, but with the hard work and dedication of our educators and schools, the district demonstrated student growth. I am proud of the effort and achievement,” says SPSB Superintendent Shane Wright. “As we start a new school year, we celebrate this growth as a district but recognize that more work must be done to ensure our students are prepared for their futures. I want to thank all our staff for their commitment to our students of Sabine Parish, and keep up the excellent work. Together WE Can!”

LEAP 2025 includes assessments of ELA, math, science, and social studies for grades 3-12. The tests measure the knowledge and skills defined by the state’s content standards for each grade. Student scores are reported on five levels: Unsatisfactory, Approaching Basic, Basic, Mastery, or Advanced. Students scoring Mastery and Advanced are considered proficient or ready for the next grade level.

Sabine Parish Schools will provide parents/guardians with a copy of their child’s LEAP 2025 Individual Student Report.

For more information reach out to your school or the Sabine Parish Central Office at 318-256-9228.

To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE