Sabine Parish Sheriff Aaron Mitchell reports Christopher Delane Malmay, 28 of Zwolle, was arrested on June 23. Shortly before 10:30 am, Sabine Parish Sheriff Dispatch received a call of a disturbance on Fuller Lane, off of LA 3229, between Malmay and his uncle.
Sabine Parish Sheriff Deputies responded to the scene and observed Malmay run inside a mobile home. Malmay barricaded himself inside and would not communicate with Deputies. Malmay had a warrant for his arrest and has been eluding Deputies for several weeks.
Sheriff Mitchell and Chief Deputy Brad Walker activated and deployed the Sabine Parish Sheriff Special Operations Group (S.O.G.) to the scene. Shortly before 1:30 pm, entry was made into the home by S.O.G. and Sheriff K-9 “Kay.” Malmay was taken into custody and arrested.
Sabine Parish Sheriff Tactical Narcotics Team Agents obtained a search warrant for the residence due to plain view contraband inside. T.N.T. Agents and Deputies located suspected methamphetamine, marijuana, measuring scales, a firearm, and a bullet-proof vest inside.
Malmay was booked into the Sabine Parish Detention Center for:
• Possession of schedule I (Marijuana)
• Possession with intent to distribute schedule II (Meth)
• Possession of drug paraphernalia
• Possession of firearm while in possession of CDS
• Possession of firearm by a convicted felon
• Unlawful use of body armor.
Malmay was also wanted for failure to appear in court for the following charges he was arrested for on 12/01/2021:
• Aggravated Flight From Officer
• Resisting An Officer With Force Or Violence
• Aggravated Assault With A Motor Vehicle Upon Peace Officer
• Aggravated Criminal Damage To Property
• Simple Criminal Damage To Property Over $1000
• Aggravated Assault
• Possession Of Schedule I
• No License Plate
• Reckless Operation Of A Vehicle
• No Proof Of Insurance
• Intentional Littering
• Illegal Window Tint.
No bond has been set at this time by the 11th Judicial District Court.
(All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law)
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE