Central Sabine Fire Department reminds public of heater safety

Dropping temperatures are approaching and some of us will begin to use space heaters. The Central Sabine Fire department reminds everyone to keep flammable materials away from heaters and never plug them into an extension cord. Most space heaters are designed to shut off when they are tipped over. However, they will remain hot for a few minutes.
Keep pets and small children away from heaters to prevent burns, as well. 

To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE